Come be part of a gender forum like no other courtesy of Flone Initiative and Heinrich Böll Stiftung this Thursday 29th September 2016 at Lilian Towers, Nairobi Safari Club from 4:00pm – 6:30pm | Free entry to all audiences.
The goal of this forum is to bring together scholars, activists and women who have faced sexual harassment,to push the dialogue of rights further and explore alternative ways in which sexual harassment can be addressed.
Key discussion points:
- Should sexual harassment be a political priority?
- What are some of the ways that sexual harassment takes shape?
- What are some of the ways that women can be assured of justice?
- Esther Muthoni Passaris OGW
- Naomi Njeri Mwaura – Flone Initiative, a workforce development organization working in the matatu industry
- Fredrick J.K. Nyagah – Gender Advisor in Global Communities (formerly CHF International) and Founder National Chairman of MenEngage Kenya Network
- Saida Ali – International Policy Analyst
- Simon Mbevi – Founder and Director of Transform Nations
Moderator: Patience Nyange – Senior Human Rights Officer, Kenya National Commission on Human Rights
Format of Discussion:
A panel discussion contextualizes issues to the audience. This is infused with public dialogue and Q&A where the audience engages with the panel and forum.
Your Support Counts!
Flone Initiative Usalama wa Uma program aims to create safe spaces for women and girls who use the public transport by engaging public transport operators by offering them training on gender equality and prevention of sexual violence, improving customer service, and in personal and professional development.
Good news! For our U.S.A supporters, your donation is now tax-deductible within the guidelines of U.S.A law.
Try our new donation platform here!